Thursday 20 July | 15:00 - 16:00 (EAT) | Virtual Webinar
Speaker: Gonzalo Muñoz
Climate Action and why it is important in the African context
UN Climate Change
As a prelude to the B Lab Africa’s 2023 Summit: Innovating a Sustainable Future for Africa: Business for Climate Impact and Growth, we are excited to invite you to join us for a conversation with Gonzalo Muñoz on Climate Action and why it is important in the African context.
With his expertise, Gonzalo will share insights on:
- The major outcomes that affect businesses in Africa from COP 25 to COP 27
- COP 28 and how it relates to businesses in Africa
- The UNFCCC Africa Climate Week taking place 4-8 September in Nairobi, Kenya
About Gonzalo Muñoz
- Held the global role as one of the two High Level Climate Action Champions of the United Nations for the Conference of the Parties (COP) from 2019 to 2021
- Designed and co-led the global campaigns Race To Zero, Race To Resilience, and GFANZ.
Co-founded and led TriCiclos, the first company outside North America to be certified as a B Corporation, renowned for its focus on circular economy and waste management.
- Co-founded Sistema B Chile, Viña Polkura, and served as a board member of B Lab global.
- Co-founded Manuia, a strategic sustainability consultancy that helps organizations incorporate ESG criteria into their strategies and business models for triple impact on society
Serves on the boards of the Global Food banking Network, CDP Latin America, IDB Invest, Chapter Zero Chile, TED Future Forum, and ECODES Spain, among others.
- Has been a member of the National Committees of Water, Climate Action, Green Hydrogen, Electromobility, and Circular Economy.
- Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II named him a member of the order of Saint Michael and Saint George (CMG) for his fight against climate change.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of shaping a sustainable future for Africa!
Register now to secure your spot