Innovating a Sustainable Future for Africa:
Business for Climate Impact and Growth
TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION AND VISA REQUIREMENTS
The Directorate of Immigration Services has launched evisa.go.ke which allows visitors to apply for the Republic of Kenya Evisa online without having to visit a Kenyan diplomatic mission, or obtain the visa on arrival.
You can apply for this travel document from the comfort of your home. To apply for an eVisa online, follow the following step-by-step guide:
1. Visit evisa.go.ke and create an account. .
2. Click on Evisa Application.
3. Fill in the visa application form.
4. Pay Using Visa Card, Mastercard and other debit or credit cards.
5. Await approval then download and print the eVisa from your eVisa account.
Sign in your Evisa account, to download and print your visa. The Evisa printout is also sent to the email address used to create the evisa account.
Please contact B Lab Africa through email@example.com or +254 719 387 056 for an invitation letter to get a visa.
The following measures shall apply to travelers departing and arriving into the country.
- All travelers arriving into the country through any point of entry shall no longer be required to show proof of either COVID-19 vaccination or a pre-departure COVID-19 test.
- Only travelers arriving at any port of entry into Kenya with flu-like symptoms will be required to fill the passenger locator form on the ‘jitenge’ platform:https://ears.health.go.ke/airline_registration/. They will also be required to take a COVID19 antigen test upon arrival at their own cost. Those who turn out positive for antigen test will be required to take a further COVID-19 PCR test at their own cost. Those with severe symptoms shall thereafter be allowed to isolate as per the prevailing isolation requirements for mild, moderate and severe disease.
- Passengers traveling out of the country will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the transit and destination country.
- Pre-departure RDT or PCR testing may be considered at the discretion of any of the airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.
The conference will be held at Strathmore University, Nairobi.
A variety of accommodation options, ranging from luxury hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts, are conveniently located around the summit venue, ensuring a comfortable stay for attendees.
There are international Taxi services (Uber/ Bolt) available from the airport to the venue.
Average cost $10 one way. There are two main access roads: Expressway (toll road) and Mombasa Road A104. Allow for some traffic on Mombasa Road.
The summit venue is strategically situated within close proximity to key landmarks in Nairobi City: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport - 16 km Central Business District - 4.4 km Kenyatta International Convention Centre - 3.8 km Nairobi National Park - 15km
Prepare for cold weather but anticipate any changes in light of unpredictable climate
Projected 7 September 2023. VIsit site for regular updates.
Emboo River Partnership
Emboo River, a certified B Corp is the first lodge in Kenya and beyond that has its entire fleet of Safari Vehicles powered by solar energy.
Glide through the grasslands, listen to the roar of a leopard and the songs of birds and enjoy the scents of the savanna.
Your guides (and our guests) can now use all their senses while guiding, increasing chances of spotting animals and witnessing special moments in nature.
In February 2019, we found a beautiful spot in the heart of the Maasai Mara. The lodge located there
had not operated for a few years. The pathways were overgrown; There was no plumbing or solar;
The old safari vehicles were falling apart. The Emboo River team brought this place back to life, and
by combining innovation, technology and traditional techniques, we created the first carbon neutral
safari lodge in the region.”
– Valery Super, co-founder of Emboo River
Carbon neutral safari
- Your safari with Emboo River makes you a sustainability leader. You are at the forefront of carbon-neutral safaris.
- Emboo River is the only carbon neutral safari lodge in the region. By 2030 all lodges in Kenya must make this shift to sustainability, so we can conserve the Maasai Mara and other ecosystems for generations to come.
- Are you wondering “what the heck is a carbon-neutral safari anyway?”. How do you explain this to your guests? Check out this fantastic feature in African Insider magazine: read it here
For further inquiries or if you need any assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org Or reach me at +254 719 387 056